This describes Python and mod_wsgi installation to run Python web apps on Windows 7 (or other Windows 32/64 version).
- WampServer, it will install Apache, MySQL (and PHP) on your computer
- Latest Python version or some previous release
- Download mod_wsgi.so file (a WSGI adapter module for the Apache HTTP Server) and put it to C:\Program Files\wamp\bin\apache\ApacheX.X.XX\modules folder
- Add this line to httpd.conf file:
LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so
- Restart Apache
Now you have everything installed to run Python web projects on your Windows PC.
After that you must configure your mod_wsgi application and you are done.
Other packages for installing:
- MySQL database adapter MySQLdb module for Python: here or here
- Python Image Library PIL
- Python driver for MongoDB PyMongo